Предишната темаGo downСледващата тема
fliper4o
Шеф
Bulgaria Male
Възраст : 23
http://fliper4o.forumotion.net/

Creating an autoexec file

on Юли 9th 2012, 23:00
This is a very basic tutorial for beginner to intermediate scripters.
Creating the actual autoexec.cfg file is quite simple. There is one step that I searched for days on the internet about creating this file that stumped me. I created the autoexec.cfg file and followed all the tutorials for it, but could never get it to work. Trial and error after three days of messing with it brought me to this tutorial.
To create a autoexec.cfg:
Open notepad, or wordpad
Create a new document.
Add whatever scripting code you wish to save in the autoexec, aliases, game specific changes etc...
This step is crucial: SAVE THE FILE EXACTLY AS YOU SEE BELOW;
autoexec.CFG
Save this in the cstrike\cfg directory
Add this line to your config.cfg
exec autoexec.cfg
Done!
Now then, the problem I was having and a problem no one ever clarified for me in any tutorial I read about the subject was capitalizing the .CFG part. I followed the tutorials to the letter and everyone always put it as autoexec.cfg In programming and coding, the small details are important, especially with items such as this, to make things work effectively. If the file was saved properly, you should not see the extension after it is saved, it will look just like this: autoexec inside the directory, just like config, instead of reading auroexec.cfg, or config.cfg.

~ от Шефа
Предишната темаВърнете се в началотоСледващата тема
Permissions in this forum:
Не Можете да отговаряте на темите